My Weight Loss Story (So Far) with Pictures

5:35 PM

This is my weight loss Story so far. It includes embarrassing stories and ends with the plateau i'm currently at. I'm not the best at writing but I included photos to get you thru it. Enjoy! 

I have always been the "fat" kid. I was teased for it and blah blah let's not get into those memories. As a teen I never really tried to lose weight even though I wasn't happy with my appearance. I remember going in for a physical and being weighed. Let's just say the scale didn't go over 300 pounds and the nurse had to "guesstimate" my weight. It was upsetting but I never had that internal want or drive to lose weight. In high school I tried to stay active I was on the bowling and tennis team. I wasn't active besides that and I ate like shit. Have you tried Hot Cheetos with sour cream? No? You're really missing out! Just did the math and that "snack" I had back then was over 600 calories. Fun.
High School

I graduated High School in 2006 and went on to Community College. I wasn't active at all! I drove everywhere, drive thru's were my bff and I spent countless hours in front of my computer. Needless to say, these were the years my weight really blossomed.  The last year of community college (2008-2009) I was on a leadership team. One of the first times I met the team we did a photo-shoot.  During the shoot we did a typical "jumping" shot and because of my size when I landed my knees just gave out and I fell. Embarrassing moments for 500?

Community College
Although I was unhappy with how i looked, I didn't let it get the best of me.  I was accepted to WWU for Fall of 2009 and as a graduation present to myself I traveled to South Dakota and Arkansas to visit family. Traveling is scary to anyone but at my size you have to prepare extra hard. Luckily I didn't get kicked off the flight (my worst fear) but the entire trip I was tired. I hated walking around and when we got to Mt. Rushmore I decided to just sit while my aunt walked the trail to see everything up close. It's one of my biggest regrets but I know I will go back eventually. 
Summer 2009

I attended Western Washington University from Fall 2009 to the Summer of 2011. My first year I turned 21 and my life consisted for all nighters, alcohol and food. In the spring someone took to the internet to call out my "whale" like size when I was running in a election on campus. I tried not to let it show but it was something that really hurt and when I think about it, still hurts. I went back home for the summer I tried to eat healthy and workout. I failed but it was first time I even attempted it. My second year at western, I lived off campus with roommates. I ate a bit better I was also trying to juggle school, work and a social life. 
Western Years
You made to Fall of 2011! This is where my weight loss journey really took off. When I moved back home i spent a bunch of time in front of my computer looking for jobs and watching youtube. Out of boredom I started walking my dog for a hour 3 times a week. Almost immediately I felt better! I had more energy and I losing weight! In October of 2011 I joined the YMCA near my house! At the time i couldn't work up enough courage to try classes so I just wrote out what my workouts would be for the day. At the time the elliptical was my best friend! I could easily spend 45minutes on that thing! I also started eating better. I started everyday with breakfast and added at least a cup of veggies to everything i ate. In January of 2011 and 46 pounds down, I started my tumblr blog find-greatness.tumblr.com 
First Post
I used this blog to share EVERYTHING. Mostly gym selfies but also my thoughts and struggles with losing weight. Once I started this blog i got more and more motivated. I started taking classes like zumba and spin. I started to use the treadmill more and worked out for at least an hour four days a week. My body quickly changed and people started to notice! 2012 was when I really focused on the scale. I went from 354 pounds to 284 pounds. 
2012
Start of 2013 was rocky for me. I still didn't have job and weight was really starting to come off slowly. I continued to work on my diet and workout. I completed The Color Run and soon after scored a Internship at Cody. Cody is an app for the Iphone where you can log and share workouts. I also got a part time job at Evolution Fresh which complimented my healthy lifestyle. In 2013, I did the Color Run, participated in The Big Climb, landed the job at Cody, climbed Mt. Si, inspired others and continued to share every moment of it. 2013 was a pretty solid year, i didn't lose that much weight. I went from 284-254 but I did find a passion that was missing which is fitness and inspiring others to live a healthy lifestyle.
2013
Here we are almost halfway thru 2014! This year started off with The For The Glow  Resolution Challenge. I'm currently at the weight i finished the challenge with 248. I'm still working out 3-5 days a week, I started doing bootcamp classes and try to eat as healthy as I can. I'm about to start yet another For The Glow challenge, run my second Color Run and I have plans to do half marathon at the end of the summer. I'm excited to see where I end 2014 and hopefully you stick around to see where I end up! Here is my progress so far...
2011 vs 2014

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. 90% Women get a slim Body by using The 2 Week Diet and see the result with in a week.
    https://goo.gl/t1CiTj
    Hope it will help you next time !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Top Scientist Discovers The REAL Reason Why Most People Struggle To Lose Weight...
    And reveals the surprisingly simple 7 second hack that can "switch" your body into a fat burning machine overnight!
    Get Link https://bit.ly/3izIL6b









    -------------

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images